The International Airstream Club
The WBCCI is the original club for Airstream owners. It is named after Wally Byam, who was the inventor of the Airstream travel trailer, and is a non-profit organisation based in Jackson Center, Ohio, USA. To be a member and participate in club activities, you must own a self-contained recreational vehicle made by Airstream, Inc.
In 1951, Wally Byam travelled to Mexico with the first group RV tour (caravan) in history. He did it to encourage people to get out and use their travel trailers and to get them to see and enjoy the world around them. These caravans were used as a test environment for the Airstream trailers he manufactured.
Wally continued this activity and eventually operated caravans that traveled almost everywhere in the world. It was on one of these to Eastern Canada in 1955 that the Wally Byam Caravan Club International was formed. The goal of the club was to foster fun, fellowship and adventure as members enjoyed the lifestyle offered by traveling in an Airstream. As the club grew (to more than 25,000 members at one point), more management and organisation was required. A structure of local units, regions and the international level was created to respond to the needs of members.
If you own any trailer or motorhome manufactured by Airstream, Inc., the WBCCI offers you fun and exciting opportunities to enjoy your Airstream and the RV Lifestyle. Whether you are travelling with your children or have retired to travel the world, you can do it best in the oldest and finest RV association, the Wally Byam Caravan Club International.
Wally Byam’s Creed
“In the heart of these words is an entire life’s dream. To those of you who find in the promise of these words your promise, I bequeath this creed… my dream belongs to you.”
- To place the great wide world at your doorstep for you who yearn to travel with all the comforts of home.
- To provide a more satisfying, meaningful way of travel that offers complete travel independence, wherever and whenever you choose to go or stay.
- To keep alive and make real an enduring promise of high adventure and faraway lands … of rediscovering old places and new interests.
- To open a whole world of new experiences… a new dimension in enjoyment where travel adventure and good fellowship are your constant companions.
- To encourage clubs and rallies that provide an endless source of friendships, travel fun and personal expressions.
- To lead caravans wherever the four winds blow… over twinkling boulevards, across trackless deserts… to the traveled and untraveled corners of the earth.
- To play some part in promoting international goodwill and understanding among the peoples of the world through person-to-person contact.
- To refine and perfect our product by continuous travel-testing over the highways and byways of the world.
- To strive endlessly to stir the venturesome spirit that moves you to follow a rainbow to its end… and thus make your travel dreams come true.